The 2019 BOFA programme of films and events is firming up and Breaking News is we are having a BOFA Hobart film festival from Friday 10 – Sunday 12th May!
We have a number of ways in which YOU could be involved in this exciting festival. So, let us know if you’d like to become, not just a film-lover, but a Festival Volunteer for a specific part of the festival!
- Admin/ secretarial support for the Festival Directors in the lead up to the festival
- Social media support in the lead up and during the Hobart and Launceston festivals
- Distribution of print programmes in Hobart or Launceston or NW coast between mid-March and mid-May. We are organising teams in each area with individuals having a small defined area to drop off programmes.
- Set up and gate duty at Harvest Farmers Market on Saturday 4th May, 2019
- Airport meet and greet, transfer of guests to their hotels and support of guests during their stay
- Design co-ordination and oversight of the Festival Lounge
- Set up and support of our new Pop-up Fringe screenings in quirky venues around Launceston from Friday 17-19 May
- Set up and support of our 5.30 – 7pm red carpet events on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th May
- Set up and support of our day-time masterclasses at TasTAFE on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th May
- Venue host support at the Village Cinemas Hobart (one or more 4 hour shifts from Friday 10 – Sunday 12thMay) and Village Cinemas Launceston (one or more 4 hour shifts from Thursday 16 – Sunday 19thMay)
Come on and join the BOFA Team. Let us know your preferences in the BOFA Volunteer Application